The American Association of Orthodontists (AAO) and Dr. Brian Lee of Braces and Smiles - Queens NY Best Orthodontist for Invisalign & Braces recommend that all children have a check-up with an orthodontic specialist no later than age 7.
The reasons for this examination follow:
- The posterior occlusion is established when the first molars erupt. At that time, one can evaluate the antero-posterior and transverse relationships of the occlusion, as well as discover any functional shifts or crossbites.
- Incisors have begun to erupt and problems can be detected such as crowding, habits, deep bites, open bites and some jaw discrepancies.
- For some, a timely evaluation will lead to significant treatment benefits; for others, the principal immediate benefit is a parent’s peace of mine
The AAO does not advoate comprehensive orthodontic treatment at age 7. However, interceptive treatment may be appropriate in the kinds of problems shown below
Final treatment decisions should be made among the parent, child’s dentist and orthodontist. Call 718-268-3666, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit https://bracesandsmiles.com to schedule your free orthodontic consultation with our orthodontist, Dr. Brian Lee, Forest Hills Top Orthodontist
- Anterior Crossbite
- Posterior Crossbite
- Ectopic Eruption
- Complete Class III
- Oral Habits
The orthodontist’s goal is to provide each patient with the most appropriate treatment at the most appropriate time. By working together, the dental team can achieve results for patients that cannot be produced alone
- Phase I / interceptive / mixed-dentition treatment – comprehensive orthodontic treatment for patients who still have deciduous (baby) teeth
- Monitoring / Observation – these patients need careful monitoring of erupting teeth
- Habit appliance – patient who have tongue thrust or finger/thumb sucking habits