A simple smile holds the key to many wonderful secrets. When you flash a those wonderfully beautiful pearly whites, you are sending a message not only to the world but subconsciously to yourself. You are telling the world that you are happy and confident but also telling yourself. We all smile when we are happy but did you know smiling can actually make you happy. It has been scientifically proven that it can literally change the world around you and change the way you feel. A smile is truly contagious.
Here are just a few reasons to smile:
• It makes you feel happy and more comfortable.
• Smiling lowers the stress and anxiety in your life.
• It has been proven to release endorphins which are the same chemicals you get when exercising
• Nothing is more attractive than smiling. It makes people want to know you.
• Believe it or not but it actually strengthens your immune system.
• If you want to lead, smiling may be your key to advancement and growth in your career. It will make you seem more trustworthy and dependable.
Smiling activates the release of neuropeptides that work toward fighting off stress. Neuropeptides are tiny molecules that allow neurons to communicate. They facilitate messaging to the whole body when we are happy, sad, angry, depressed, and excited. The feel good neurotransmitters dopamine, endorphins and serotonin are all released when a smile flashes across your face as well.
To learn more about the wonderful act of smiling and what it can do for you go to this article in Psychology Today called There’s Magic In Your Smile.
The Team at Braces and Smiles knows the value of a smile because we specialize in them. Contact us to schedule a complimentary initial consult. You will be glad you did.